28 July 2012

Return to journalling


It's been a while and what can I say? Life just got in the way. The best thing about being a teacher (not always) is the holidays and after 4 weeks at my favourite place in the world - Camusdarach beach - I am refreshed and revived.
I began by swiping a liberal layer of broken china and wild honey distress stains over the pages and blending them where they met. I then used one of my favourite Paper Artsy Stamps to create an image and border around the page. I found a random art deco stamp and using picket fence distress stain stamped it randomly over the blue. I then added some titan buff acrylic paint with my finger and a wipe over the wild honey.
I have also created the background for another page. I swiped barn door  and then picket fence distress stains on a page and then randomly dotted the picket fence around the page. I then chucked faded jeans embossing powder onto the page and shook it off and then embossed what was left.
 I found some butterflies and dragonfly outlines that were the left overs from diecutting for a scrap book page and used these as stencils with dylusions inks - burnt orange and fuschia and  granite spray,  that I had hardly used (most of my other favourite colours have run out and need replacing).
I stamped a Jo Capper Sandon starfish from Craft Stamper randomly over the blue and then more distress stains in pine needles and peeled paint in swirls and then brushed on another layer of broken china. I really like the effects on this page but want to think about what goes next.
It's lovely to be back blogging and I am looking forward to catching up on all the blogs and people I have been neglecting over the last few months. Be warned I have been busy sewing several quilts, and photographing them, and I will post them soon. Can you also tell that I have been experimenting with Pic Monkey?


5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back... Had to Google Camusdarach....thought it was some exotic beach looking at the pictures...have put it on my must see list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sea fever pages. A lot going on but all working harmoniously. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages.I lvoe the way you've built up the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sea fever pages look great, fab layered stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab pages, I need to pick up my art journalling again too.

    ReplyDelete