13 January 2013

Art Journal Stampotique Challenge SDC82

Stampotique stamps, paint, layers, tonic border punch and snowflake punch


The first pages using Dylusion and Studio 490 stamps and tonic border  punches and the lyrics from "Brain Damage" by Pink Floyd. 
 I am entering this in the Stampotique Challenge SDC82 which challenged you to use die cuts and punches. I finished the page but found it very hard to photograph, partly because the "page" is a double page layout with another double page inside that double page. I also used lots of mod page to stick all my layers together which gives the page a high shine. I think this page is perhaps too much and is one of those pages when I should have stopped about 4 layers back but I still like all the layers and texture.
These were the pages before I went a little overboard...

I like the snowflakes I added but think I should have left the text and the waste from the punches white.
I suppose that is the fun of journalling you never quite know what will happen. I like the fact that other pages of my journal will have the cut out shape and you can glimpse areas through the punches.
Thank you for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. Wow Sally, this is amazing, I love all the texture and the dark moody colours! I've never learned when enough is enough, and this looks perfect to me. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pages, loads of detail to look at! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sally this is truly stunning there is so much to look at, thanks so very much for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No time this afternoon to leave you a message, but now I can ! :) I love you AJ pages with these beautiful rounds, so much work, layers and details !!! Great for me since I'm fond of details !

    ReplyDelete